25 February 2008, 13:58
Another case initiated against "Voice of Beslan"
One more case has been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, this time - an administrative one. The activists of the organization informed about it on February 24.
According to their version, protocols were drawn up without their presence, although they did not refuse to sign them or present explanations, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio reports.
Thus, now in total four cases have been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee: two administrative one, a criminal case and the one based on charges of extremism.
Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" has informed that Ruslan Badalov, Chairman of the Russian Public Movement "Chechen Committee of National Salvation" (ChCNS), made a statement, in which he categorically demanded from power agencies to stop prosecuting the "Voice of Beslan". In the opinion of the human rights activist, the ultimate goal of this prosecution is to liquidate the organization whatsoever through arbitrariness.
"While closely following the fate of the NGO 'Voice of Beslan', I am indignant at illegal and unjustified prosecution of its activists. I know the 'Voice of Beslan as the organization, engaged in purposeful defence of the rights and interests of the victims of Beslan tragedy (and in nothing more!). There was and is nothing extremist and illegal in their activity," Mr Badalov has stated.
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs
- MoJ announces its readiness to withdraw claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Astrakhan Mayor Stolyarov, accused of bribery, claims he took money for city needs
- Dagestan: law enforcers cordon off Gimry village, local residents report
- Bacho Akhalaya, former head of Georgian MIA, found guilty in "Navtlug" case
- EP to send delegation to Azerbaijan to support Leyla Yunus
- Experts: law enforcers are contradictory in reports about death of suspected organizer of suicide bombing in Grozny
- In Armenia, activists hold march to condemn police actions against blind oppositionist
- Azerbaijani CEC schedules municipal elections for December 23