25 February 2008, 13:58
Another case initiated against "Voice of Beslan"
One more case has been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, this time - an administrative one. The activists of the organization informed about it on February 24.
According to their version, protocols were drawn up without their presence, although they did not refuse to sign them or present explanations, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio reports.
Thus, now in total four cases have been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee: two administrative one, a criminal case and the one based on charges of extremism.
Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" has informed that Ruslan Badalov, Chairman of the Russian Public Movement "Chechen Committee of National Salvation" (ChCNS), made a statement, in which he categorically demanded from power agencies to stop prosecuting the "Voice of Beslan". In the opinion of the human rights activist, the ultimate goal of this prosecution is to liquidate the organization whatsoever through arbitrariness.
"While closely following the fate of the NGO 'Voice of Beslan', I am indignant at illegal and unjustified prosecution of its activists. I know the 'Voice of Beslan as the organization, engaged in purposeful defence of the rights and interests of the victims of Beslan tragedy (and in nothing more!). There was and is nothing extremist and illegal in their activity," Mr Badalov has stated.
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Azerbaijan saves oilers who fell into sea during accident at oil-extraction platform
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Russia's SC postpones consideration of appeal on "Domodedovo" Airport terror act
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Laureates of Rafto Award demand from Azerbaijani authorities to drop charges against Ilgar Nasibov
- "Levada Centre": situation in Ukraine affects Russians' opinion about Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Dagestan: hunger-striking students threaten to quit university if their demands are not met till end of week
- Chechnya opens large sports-and-tourist complex named "Kezenoi Am"