25 February 2008, 13:58
Another case initiated against "Voice of Beslan"
One more case has been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, this time - an administrative one. The activists of the organization informed about it on February 24.
According to their version, protocols were drawn up without their presence, although they did not refuse to sign them or present explanations, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio reports.
Thus, now in total four cases have been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee: two administrative one, a criminal case and the one based on charges of extremism.
Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" has informed that Ruslan Badalov, Chairman of the Russian Public Movement "Chechen Committee of National Salvation" (ChCNS), made a statement, in which he categorically demanded from power agencies to stop prosecuting the "Voice of Beslan". In the opinion of the human rights activist, the ultimate goal of this prosecution is to liquidate the organization whatsoever through arbitrariness.
"While closely following the fate of the NGO 'Voice of Beslan', I am indignant at illegal and unjustified prosecution of its activists. I know the 'Voice of Beslan as the organization, engaged in purposeful defence of the rights and interests of the victims of Beslan tragedy (and in nothing more!). There was and is nothing extremist and illegal in their activity," Mr Badalov has stated.
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing