25 February 2008, 13:58
Another case initiated against "Voice of Beslan"
One more case has been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, this time - an administrative one. The activists of the organization informed about it on February 24.
According to their version, protocols were drawn up without their presence, although they did not refuse to sign them or present explanations, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio reports.
Thus, now in total four cases have been initiated against the members of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee: two administrative one, a criminal case and the one based on charges of extremism.
Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" has informed that Ruslan Badalov, Chairman of the Russian Public Movement "Chechen Committee of National Salvation" (ChCNS), made a statement, in which he categorically demanded from power agencies to stop prosecuting the "Voice of Beslan". In the opinion of the human rights activist, the ultimate goal of this prosecution is to liquidate the organization whatsoever through arbitrariness.
"While closely following the fate of the NGO 'Voice of Beslan', I am indignant at illegal and unjustified prosecution of its activists. I know the 'Voice of Beslan as the organization, engaged in purposeful defence of the rights and interests of the victims of Beslan tragedy (and in nothing more!). There was and is nothing extremist and illegal in their activity," Mr Badalov has stated.
- Protest in Yerevan ends with ultimatum to authorities
- ICRF states three militants killed in Dagestan
- Experts predict departure of Abu Khalid's supporters to Middle East
- Experts link Abu Khalid's oath to IS with growth of protest in Islamic Ummah
- Four natives of Northern Caucasus wounded in shootout in Moscow
- In Rostov Region, 140 km of engineer barriers built on border with Ukraine
- In Darya Polyudova's case, investigators appoint new examination of her posts on Internet
- Two suspected militants killed in Dagestan
- "Kommersant": investigators refuse to institute criminal case on use of illegal actions against Zaur Dadaev
- Victim in Said Amirov's case has no claims against defendants